Today I received a large bill for next year’s web hosting and I was so annoyed I rang up my provider and cancelled it. TBH I had already half-decided to bin the hosting; the website didn’t get much traffic and I only really use the email service for geocaching so the invoice was a timely trigger for me to do something about it.
Of course, this has resulted in a bit of work, e.g.
- Changing the DNS name servers from the hosting company to the one where my domain is registered
- Setting up domain forwarding to this blog
- Downloading everything useful from the redundant hosting, especially images linked from my geocaching profile and those of my cache pages which contain images.
- Uploading the images to a free image hosting service
- Editing my profile on GC so the image links don’t break
- Editing the image links on each of my cache pages.
Now all I have to do is wait for the DNS changes to propagate around the interwebs, after which selecting wizzardprang.co.uk should take you to this blog. Fingers crossed.
Oh, and I still have to set up some new email addresses to receive my geocaching emails. Nearly forgot that. 😉