- Refrain from employing sufficient staff to cater for demand
- Run your in-store cafe with even less staff at busy periods, e.g. lunchtime
- Make your customers queue for a longgggg time to be served by a solitary cafe assistant
- Make the assistant leave their till to deliver hot food orders to the kitchen
- Make your customers wait for 30 minutes for “fast” hot food
- Have your kitchen staff serve 2 out of 4 plates of hot food to the correct customer and deliver the other 2 plates to another customer who, despite that not being the food they ordered, SAY NOTHING!
- Have your staff wait 10 minutes before realising they’ve f*cked up
- Wait for a long (at least as long as the queue) letter to hit the CEO’s Inbox
Oh, in case you are wondering, dear reader, I am talking about M&S’s in-store cafe at Westfield, White City.